Artwork submitted to Advantage Marketing, Inc. by the customer must be in a usable format or graphics charges will be incurred. There will be no graphics charge for minimum typesetting or artwork provided by the customer that is in a usable format.
All jobs require vector artwork to ensure the best possible imprint on your promotional item. Raster artwork is only acceptable for full color artwork and has to be at least 300 dpi at actual print size. We will be happy to quote on any artwork revisions which may be required.
Explanation of File Types
Vector artwork is an image created with points and paths. This results in artwork that is editable, scalable, and able to be separated by each color.
Common Vector File Formats: .ai .eps .pdf
Raster artwork is an image created with many pixels. This results in artwork that is not editable, scalable, or able to be separated by each color.
Common Raster File Formats: .bmp .gif .jpg .ppt .psd .pub .tif
Acceptable file formats in order of preference:
- Adobe Illustrator files saved as .ai .eps or .pdf
- Other vector program files saved as a generic .eps file or .pdf
- For full color output: Adobe Photoshop saved as a .psd file- please do not flatten the image
IF RASTER ARTWORK IS THE ONLY ART THAT YOU HAVE AVAILABLE, contact your sales representative for details and they will send you an estimate for graphics charges (this is a one time charge). We will use what you have to recreate the logo/image so that we have it as a vector image.
Before sending your art make sure to:
- Convert all fonts to outlines/paths
- Include all font names in an email to your Sales Representative
- Note all Pantone (PMS) colors that were used in an email to your Sales Representative
- Embed or include all placed/ linked images (for full color art)
- Use the original photo when using a photograph from the digital camera, do NOT pull it from a website as the resolution is too low (for full color art)
Send a JPEG image of the layout for a visual reference
Files under 8 MB can be emailed to your Sales Representative. Always place art files as an attachment, do NOT place them in the body of the email. You can compress your files as .zip or .sitx files. For files larger than 8 MB, we also accept CD-ROM and Flash drives (please let us know if you want the disk or Flash drive returned to you). Art can also be sent via our FTP site by going to www.advantagemkt.com/ftp.htm where you will be directed to sign up for a username and password. When you receive this information you can proceed to upload your artwork.
Art received is subject to review by the Advantage Marketing Graphics Department. Depending on the format of the art, graphic charges may apply.
Graphics charges are based on the time it takes to recreate the art and we must have approval for these charges before we can start the process. We will provide an estimate.
All artwork must have a signed approval from the client. We will not forward any artwork or place any order without a copy of the signed approval.